Originally Posted by 28lx

Why not just build a 338 RUM?

That was my thinking going in based on conversations and searches and advice I've received in the past, but I'm interested in hearing all options.... this is uncharted waters for me and I'd like to avoid a head-slapper down the road if that makes sense.

Clearly, a Lapua can work in a M700 but I don't think I want to go there.

The .340 Weatherby has real merit as shown by some posts here... I am biased against Weatherby for reasons I cannot really put into words. I think it's because I associate them with big, glossy rifles from the 70's, when they were bringing hyper-magnum performance to more or less regular hunting rifles. I've never seen the need for a big magnum in a regular hunting rifle, in fact like many right here on this thread, I've probably outright mocked the notion! BUT, for what I'm wanting to build here, the only logical knock I could come up with against the Bee is the belt, and before we go down that road, I understand it's a non-issue for the handloader. So there's really nothing I can come up with against it, yet, I think I'd rather do a RUM or EDGE.

In the last year I'll have built a .223AI, a heavy-ish 7 WSM, and then next up, a big braked beast. Look at ME getting out of my comfort zone and listening to you guys! smile

Ok, back to trying to get the quad-coptor drone thingie I got my other nephew up and flying. Great family day here- hope it for all y'all as well!

Last edited by Jeff_O; 12/25/15.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!