Originally Posted by memtb
BobinNH,I surely hope that my wife doesn't read this post. I also hope that she doesn't realize that her 8# 12 oz.(scoped,loaded,and with sling) .338 WM,which she uses for deer,antelope,elk,bear,moose, and God willing a possible Alaskan and/or African hunt isn't really a practical all around,all purpose hunting rifle! Maybe with a rifle that heavy, grin it explains why she refuses to use a muzzle brake. Anyway,all things being equal it seems that a rifle with a "bigger" hole in the barrel,should weigh less than one with a smaller hole smile!!!!! memtb

Nothing like having a good strong Dutch woman by your side. Do you make here pack the whole animal out for you too??? laugh. No seriously though, good for her. I hear all the time, here, that people don't shoot big guns well. You hear these guys that think they are guides say "the guys that showed up with magnums couldn't hit for chit"....."blah blah blah". The problem is these guys are probably business types that go out and buy a new rifle, scope and some factory ammo, go to elk camp without even firing said rifle and have no business shooting at critters.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA