memtb: No problem. wink

I know that stuff can vary depending on what you feed theses cartridges. What I saw was based on our shooting to 400-500 yards with the 375-250's at 2940,and the 210 Partition in the 338 at the same distances.IIRC the 338-210 was started at 2950 or so.

A Plastic tipped bullet (higher BC?) could change that, and I have no idea what happens beyond 500 because that's as far as we went. I only report what I saw.I believe I did mention the Partition specifically.

My buddy who did the shooting with me is an engineer by profession....he was incredulous and we had to run this several times to satisfy him but we kept seeing the same things.

As to the "hit harder" part, I'm sure you're referring to energy numbers and I never even looked at them. In choosing between the two calibers I will still go 375 due to larger expanded frontal area and cross section of the 375.Those are things in terminal ballistics that are less frequently discussed and not so easily quantified, but i do believe they matter at some level. smile

Last edited by BobinNH; 01/16/16.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.