Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Originally Posted by rost495

This, plus the fact 2 inches won't matter at all ever in HD situations....and I doubt anyone would even remember to aim much at HD room defense situations.

Not only do I disagree with the above, but it is flat incorrect.

1). Guns, even 5.56mm, aren't death rays and still require proper shot placement. Lung shots, even with good 5.56, may or may not have the effect you need, even then HIGH center chest is where we should be to have an effect on the heart, spine, and/or great blood vessels- to say nothing of effective head shots. The heart is the size of a clinched fist.... 2 inches matters.

2). Any one that has been to a real training course and practices correctly at all- will use their sights if using an Aimpoint. No question. If they don't, they seriously need to reevaluate what they are doing.

I use irons and I only see a blur in room distance targets. I have no problem making center hits. I"m not striving for all in the heart. I run the other way, I'd just as soon put as many bullets in as many vitals as I can.

YMMV, but sight height has never been an issue. Not even in IDPA matches, I still don't loose points due to sight height.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....