Between my son and I we have taken 5. 1 with a .30-06 (165 gr factory core lokt), 1 with a .308 (130 gr TTSX handload), 1 with a .257 Bee (110 gr Accubond handload)and 2 with a .350 mag (200 gr TSX handload).

The only one that got double lunged was with the .257 Bee and the 110 Accubond. He ran about 50 yards.

The 4 others were shot in the neck and dropped. Recovered 1 bullet and that was from the .350 mag on a 350 pound bear. Bullet went into the neck passed through the chest, broke the ball/socket joint at opposite leg and stopped just under the hide. It was a 200 gr barnes TSX. I realized then just how much heavy muscle a big black bear has. We strive for neck shots when at all possible. If not I would go for a double shoulder shot with a premium bullet and follow up as necessary. Tracking is a chore in the thick stuff where we hunt and a bear hide can soak up a lot of blood before it starts dripping. This just from my very limited experience.

[Linked Image]

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb