I don't understand threads like this. What I mean by that is why post the original thread? People are entitled to there opinions and that is all they are? I don't care for the .308 cartridge, the 25-06, the 17 HMR and a number of Craig Boddington's opinions.

I enjoy Petzal but don't take his word as gospel, or Mule Deer's word either. No disrespect to John because he is much more knowledgeable than me and seems to be a very gracious person. Maybe Petzal hasn't done as much hunting as some writers but I bet he's done more than the vast majority of people that read this website. Ingwe doesn't like the .270, I do, and I get a huge kick reading his posts.

I sell firearms and optics and go above and beyond to be objective with customers. But I know that there are subjective thoughts that unconsciously affect my views. We are all that way when it comes to hunting. I would rather tote a heavier rifle because of recoil amelioratation. That is definitely a minority view. The advantages of short action rifles mean nothing to me. I cannot give a valid reason why I don't like the .308 cartridge but I do. I like the 7x57 but the 7mm-08 does nothing for me. Preferences in firearms are so much subjective than objective - than many many people are willing to admit.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.