Pretty good thread going here. I think this may be my first post here, but I have poked around a bit. Usually don't do a lot of posting anywhere except the Kifaru boards, and not a great deal there. After reading about the contents of some of the daypacks I went out into my shop and did a little playing around with some of my gear, just to see what I could stuff into the little pack I carry as a day pack.

In the Kifaru E&E, you can get the following:

Kifaru ParaStove
SuperTarp/Annex
Titanium pot and cup, spork, fuel canister and salt and pepper
Pocket Rocket Stove
In a small pullout I carry the following:

lighter
compass
speedy sharp
Blast Match and film canister of Vaselined cotton balls
Gps
Scorpion flashlight
head lamp
Swiss army knife
Leatherman

If you ditch the Super Tarp /Annex and substitute it with the original paratarp, you can also get a 1 liter nalgene bottle , head net, stocking cap and gloves, small bag of gravel and 2 packs of ramen noodles.

On the back I have added some shock cord threaded through the Pals webbing so I can strap on a military poncho. I also stick my Tomahawk through the compression straps.

You can also do away with the stove and tarp and substitute a Hennessee Hammock and a little bit of other stuff for a Summer kit. I have a list of stuff I carried on an overnight canoe trip this past summer if that interests anyone. I know this is kind of a winter gear thread.

Hopefully this info helps someone make a more informed descision, or saves sombody the trouble of spending hard earned money on things that might not fit in there current setup.

Ozark