Old Indian saying "white man only face, Indian all face". Don't know who said it, but it means the native Americans were able to withstand the weather with less or little clothing compared to the pioneers of early days.
I went on a week bow hunt in WVa and stayed in a tent. Used only the campfire for cooking and warmth. Started out wearing plenty of clothing then went to a hooded fleece pullover and light camo jacket. The ponds froze during the week and had some light snow. Went to eat at my friends Uncle's house later in the week. Walked inside and I thought needles were sticking me in the face. It was the heat in the house, which was awful. After a while I got used to inside and ate a fine meal. When we left to hike back across the mountain to camp, I thought I would freeze to death. We did take a small buck each that week...good times and good memories.
Look at some of the "street people" in towns, they wear the same clothes year round and carry "packs" (gear)slung across one shoulder. Something to think about..

There are no bad days hunting elk, some are just better.