I have had several times in my lifewhen Iliterally havedone the survival thing to see how far I could go with it. This entails a small pack, rifle (or pistol) Ponchos(1 to wear, and 1 to use for shelter)and use of small game getting gear and cooking kit. The first few attempts were ata young age, but over the years, I've gained a lot of skill with it. Biggest concern still is the same... WATER.... Yep, finding good source and making sure you survive drinking it. Filtering and even boiling using a condenser pan over the evaporater to drip into the cup works best before filling canteen.... lengthy. Food is where you find it, be it veggy or furry or swimming around. Amazing how good an old Bullhead fish tastes if you are really hungry. my favorite shelter is still the lean-to with the fire in front. really keeps the radiant heat in the shelter and lasts easily the night if you stock-up before retiring. If you want to hear what's in the neighborhood, leave the fire out. Cold camps are just that...bring a good cover of some type along. AVOID ANTHILLS......!

History is my teacher: VietNam was my lesson.!