Originally Posted by smokepole
It's true that you can score a bull in CO prettily easily. Or any other state with elk for that matter.

Doesn't mean you will. Hunting pressure is high in lots of areas because we get more NR elk hunters than any other state. The key is finding spots that don't have too much pressure, and getting away from the road. Which is not necessarily easy on your first trip out, unless you hunt with someone who has a good spot.
Smokepole, I like your statement. "someone who has a good spot". I wouldn't know for a fact about Colorado being more easy just what from I've heard and read. Sounds like I touched a nerve with someone? Like I said, seem to have a higher head count of elk? Just something I've read somewhere. I talked to a realtor that leases a cabin in Colorado and has stayed there himself with some friends and is a nonresident, shot a elk not far from his leased cabin within days. He didn't seem to feel it was difficult but that is him. More elk more chances. Anyway, you don't need to take words as the Gospel. I am just saying it's what I read.

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go

Oscar Wilde~~