Originally Posted by Adk_BackCountry
It will be a 300 win mag Winchester Super Grade with a Nikon 4.5x14-44. I believe the rifle has a type of epoxy as a bedding which helps float the barrel. I've reloaded two different bullets with the same fps which is 2'900 to 2'950 give or take a couple fps. One bullet is Barnes 180 TSX all copper which gave me moa @ 100yd. The other is a Swift A Frame 180 with nearly the same results. My zero is @ 200yd. I like to use the military type slings.

10x42 Binocs. for glassing.

I will have a nice range finder as well in order to judge my distance which I am terrible at. Working on that one:)

Bullet trajectory chart

Feel free to add anything.

As has been pointed out, you are about a whole 200 +\- fps below your cartridges capability not that will keep you from killing a bull; it won't but if you are going to stay "there" why not go to a lighter build '06 that will probably get you to 2800 or slightly more safely? There will be minimal change in trajectory from what you are currently using with maybe a pound less weight to carry. Believe me that does make a difference over a weeks time.

OTOH, another 200 fps does make some energy and trajectory difference.

Either way, do good research, have good boots, and be in good shape above all and do a lot of shooting to as far as you can go from different positions.