Originally Posted by Adk_BackCountry
Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by Adk_BackCountry
I can't find 2,900 fps for '06 anywhere in my books or the online pages. My standard for '06 is about 2,700 tops with the info I have. PM on the '06, 2,900

First per 06 loads - I have not tried it personally but it has been discussed on diff threads here. Check out Big Game Rifles UNDER Reloading on the Home Page. There are 36 pages of Good 30-06 Loads.

In coming days I'll try to 'search' for some of the 06 - 180 loads that 'approach' 2900 fps----24" blls.

Since your are using a 300 WM, I have used IMR 4350 & IMR 4831 w/180 gr bullets and 3100 fps is NOT hard to reach.

Those are old standby powders and we have NEWER powders that work well but I haven't tried them.

Good Luck & I'll see what I can find and relay to you.

Jerry
No substitute for displacement.

Alright, now I have to step in. You are not fu cking using your displacement. This is what Jerry has been trying to nicely tell you. My go to load for my 300 win mag has always been a 200gr. Nosler partition running 2900 fps. You've yet to step on the gas pedal with your big displacement cartridge. Your running the sombeetch like a souped up 30-06. There are new powders that can push the 30-06 with 180's to 2900 fps (which is where you are at with your big 300). However, Like Brad said "2950" will work just fine. It also sounds like your 300 has a 26" barrel, so you are way under-loading it. With this being said, there are better options out there in a light weight 30-06. If you are going to run it like a 30-06, you might as well be packing one... Hint..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA