Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I may drive out to Goliad sometime soon.

Usually the last weekend of March is the high point of the Texian reenactor's calendar, the three-day camp within the walls of the La Bahia Mission. Notwithstanding the occasion is the anniversary of the tragic Massacre at Goliad, many fine musicians attend and period grown-up beverages are consumed around the campfires (or at least grown-up beverages in period receptacles).

Within the walls of the Mission everything is pre-1840.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Smoke and cannons, musketry and cavalry skirmishes on Saturday. Solemn remembrance Sunday morning.

You might find it worth a look, dunno yet if I'll be there or covering at the Alamo (where they'll be short-handed on account of this event).

Anyhow, this year its moved back a week until the weekend of April 2nd, to avoid conflict with Easter weekend.

Birdwatcher

What time does that start on Saturday, Mike?

You participating this year?

Ya prob'ly.

The posted schedule is a little vague, I'm recalling the first battle reenactment is around 10amand another after lunch.

http://www.texasarmy.org/events''

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744