Yer welcome....

Currently I'm searching on a guy named Chadwick, originally from New Hampshire, and like Fannin a West Point dropout. No flies on Chadwick, not from the accounts, somewhere it mentions him having been out West and already being a combat veteran, gotta find that again.

It was himself and the likewise admirable John Sowers-Brooks who commanded the artillery pieces at this Coleto Creek fight, and both sides agree that artillery was very well handled.

Anyhoo, looking for that reference I came across this, which I'll throw out here because it doesn't really fit anywhere else in stuff not posted yet...

Re: the Tejanos.....

Col. Fannin and other Texans underestimated the importance of these Mexicans of Goliad, and the resentment in their hearts due to having to leave their homes. . . .

These Badeños, as they were called, were descendants of the presidio soldiers stationed at La Bahía through the years. They were indolent and maybe none too honest, but they were expert horsemen---among the world's best---knew every acre of the Goliad region and for a hundred miles around; and, contrary to the prevalent belief of the Texans, were anything but cowardly---their leader, Carlos de la Garza, had dignity and force of character, and courage and intelligence as well.

The people had abandoned Goliad at his bidding, and it was to his ranchero on the San Antonio River that they had gone. He and his men were everywhere after General Urrea came.

Lest one think that was written by some "Liberal", turns out it came from the works of one Judge Harbert Davenport (1882-1957). Davenport hailed from East Texas (which means something to those who know Texas grin) .

Otherwise Davenport is known as the guy who in 1944 won the case for the old Balli family claim to Padre Island, based on the original Spanish titles.

https://tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/fda21

Another guy I wouldn't mind sitting around and shooting the breeze with.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744