Originally Posted by ingwe

Patrick over the years Ive seen a couple such tests written up. In both cases hotter faster bullets did better( contrary to beliefs) I remember in one test a 100 grain .243 did best. And in the other a 150 grain 30-06 won out.

I am in the don't shoot through brush crowd, shoot through the holes in it.

I can only remember intentionally shooting through brush twice. Once on a WT deer at fifty yards with my .22-250 and a 55 TBBC. Only had about six inches of flimsy juniper to go through....turned the bullet sideways and changed its course. Killed the deer right away, but not as neatly as I'd planned.
Second time was on a wounded waterbuck laying in the branches of a blow down. Very sparse cover so I thought nothing of slinging a 165 A-frame at him from 30 yards. Indeed it looked like nothing was intervening, but it was. I'll never know where that bullet went. Not having a contingency plan I just fired another through thru the apparently open space, and it apparently was open, cause it arrived without any fanfare.

smile I wonder if faster twist helps, should one encounter a twig by accident. Testing might be indicated.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."