Originally Posted by Slavek
Originally Posted by dmentzer
Have a Montana on the way and I need a scope. Was thinking of a Night Force 2.5-10x32 but was wondering if this scope is too heavy for a lightweight gun like that. Didn't know if it would screw up the balance. My other choice might be a Leupold 2.5-8. Any opinions welcome. Thanks.

It makes zero sense to go with Night Force and weight has nothing to do with it. To make it worthwhile Night Force must be mated to marksman rifle to be used by expert marksman. While I can not make assumptions about your shooting skills because I do not know you I'm pretty certain Kimber Montana is mass produced hunting rifle.
Light weight Leupold is good match for your Kimber Montana.

I guess i would have to disagree with this.

Nothing wrong with a conventional light scope on a Kimber or similar rifle...but if we think that a NF or SWFA SS or similar scope won't help extend the range of the light rifle that has been properly tuned, and at the expense of a little extra weight.....forget it.

I am late to this game but can see already that modern scopes make hitting at distance far easier than ever before...even with light rifles. I am certainly no expert rifleman!

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.