Originally Posted by 4th_point
Originally Posted by dmentzer
Have a Montana on the way and I need a scope. Was thinking of a Night Force 2.5-10x32 but was wondering if this scope is too heavy for a lightweight gun like that. Didn't know if it would screw up the balance. My other choice might be a Leupold 2.5-8. Any opinions welcome. Thanks.

I went from a 6x Leupo to a 4-9x SWFA on an 84M. Add me to 4-9x SS fan club, who already responded. It did not throw off the balance one bit, and is probably similar in weight to the NF.

If anything, the added weight has made my Kimber EASIER to shoot. With the lighter scope there was considerable muzzle jump. With the SS and Warne rings & bases, it's a tack-driver with noticeably less jump (i.e. straight back recoil).

I'd consider the 6x, 4-9x, and 1-4x from SWFA for your Endless Mountain hunts. The 1-4x might be perfect but I don't have one yet. If you don't need turrets or mil-based reticle the Leupo 6x42 is a good scope.

Jason

That'd be ok by me! I had to more or less stop shooting for a couple years to heal up an injury. My Montana has been a bit of a PITA to get back in the saddle with. 7 WSM W/162's or 190 Bergers; she has some recoil.

One big reason a Montana can be a very accurate rifle is that trigger. Set it real light... fantastic trigger.

You guys are digging that 4-9x SS.... grin....

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!