Rails are excellent mounting systems, just heavy (as you probably know)... and are a bit tacticool for my taste.

Keep in mind, looking at it there in the pic, that I mount my scopes further back than 90% of folks; I've given up wondering why, it's just how it is. So even though a LA rifle would move it forward considerably, it *might* still be just fine for many/most people. I don't know. It's got nice long eye relief and it's quite constant throughout the range.

Excited to put it through some paces tomorrow morning. The NXS has been a revelation. It's on a very accurate rifle, and you make an adjustment, and bam, the POI moves just exactly where it's supposed to. I think I ironed out in the realm of 1/2 - 3/4 MOA of uncertainty in my dialing just with the scope change... that is quite tangible.

On a light rifle like this, there's more variation coming from the nut behind the butt, so I don't know if it will be as obvious, but I'm hoping so. The Leup I had on it is a "good" tracking scope, as was the Conquest. The Swarovski repeated and held zero nicely but the reticle didn't track plumb with the erector travel. It drifted off over 1 MOA to the right in the first 12 MOA of erector travel. Not cool. So, I'm really hoping that I've eliminated a variable. I'm hoping for a "great" tracking scope.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!