Got the real Nightforce for my Kimber 8400 MT today, a 3-10x42 SHV. A nice fit for the rifle IMHO. I was concerned that as compact as it is, with my deviant mounting needs, the eye relief might not be long enough; however, in 30mm Talley LW Extensions it's perfect.

I also thought the extra weight might "Dolly Partonize" the rifle but it still carries nice. Note, an 8400 is a heavier rifle than an 84M. I can't say how or if this 20-ounces of scope goodness would affect the "sprite" of an 84M.

I'll be shooting some tracking tests with it tomorrow. If it beats the Leupold, Swarovski, and Zeiss scopes that I've used on the rifle (and it better, grin) I'll be a happy camper. The extra weight is a non-issue if it delivers mechanically.

It's optically brilliant in full sunlight, similar to a Conquest in clarity and color balance I'd preliminarily say. Curious to see how it does at dusk.

The MOAR reticle is no heavy duplex, that's for sure. It's a little thin. If I was made of money I'd go NXS 2.5-10x42 just for the illumination, which would address any potential reticle visibility issues; however, at ~$900 more than this scope cost ($873 shipped) there's just no way. I've bought two NF scopes in the last month. I'm scope-poor +P. smile

[Linked Image]

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!