Originally Posted by Cariboujack
I've been carrying a S&W 6906 for quite a while. Before that was a Ruger LCR, and before that was a Ruger LC9.

First, developing the habit of carrying takes time, could be months. For the last few years, my gun goes on when my pants do and comes off when my pants do. Typically I don't even think about it during the day. Good belt and a good holster is key to successful carry. If you don't do that it's always going to be pulling on you. I've carried off and on since the 70's. It's just easy to make excuses. Back in those days I'd Mexican Carry, with the occasional holster. Never bought good holsters. I don't decide if I'm going to carry based on the day, where I'm going, none of that. I just carry. I'm not Psychic so I don't know when I am going to run into trouble, or just happen to be where trouble shows up.

Agreed! A really good holster and a good belt make all the difference in the world!
I do however, still "Meskin" carry, as we call it in TX, every once in a while, when I'm too damn lazy to put on my belt and holster.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~