A lot of you are pretty harsh about not carrying "all you can" but if that's how you feel fine. It's your opinion.

If you are the only one standing around wearing over-sized clothes, maybe even layers of clothes, sweating profusely, you're not fooling ANYONE. LE, thugs, whoever, will recognize immediately you're trying to hide something. How effective is that? You've lost the element of surprise.

Another thing that tips off others is ones attitude. It's easy to spot some CCW people who seem to be overly confident, and unusually aggressive. It's usually younger guys but not always. Look for trouble long enough it'll find you.

I try to be dressed as much like everyone else will be. Not wearing a goofy vest when it's hot out, or layered shirts to hide a big angular bulge. I'm just over 6' 198# and a 32-33" waist. A gov't model isn't easy to hide on my waist. My smallest is a P938, it's not ideal for a full on shoot out,but I don't live where those happen yet, I'm not spending my time in area's where it's most likely, etc. Could it? Sure. But if you have something your still way better off than being unarmed, and most thugs want NOTHING to do with being on the receiving end.

If you carry something so large you stand out you may as well open carry.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson