Originally Posted by RWE
I carry two.

A mouse gun, and something bigger.

You may think you're a minimalist; but you may be one event away from changing either your opinion or your respiratory status.

Exactly.

Get into just one deadly encounter, survive, and I bet your perspective will change.

Look at it this way:

What is the minimum you would be willing to get into a shooting against one or two armed men, who are more likely than not:

Under the influence of narcotics and/or alcohol

Not reacting to normal pain stimuli

Not thinking rationally

Neither people shooting at you or your loved ones have any moral or ethical dilemmas about killing you/your loved ones, or any bystanders to achieve their goals.

The reality of the society that we live in today is that there are some very dedicated, well armed people in this world, who will not hesitate to slaughter the innocent, or what they perceive as easy prey.

A Mouse gun may work, but personally I do not consider hope a very good strategy.

BTW,

Today I have been assigned daddy day care duty,and one has a doctor's appointment in a couple of hours, so both have to go.

I am wearing a Gen 2 G17, with standard cap magazine, and a 22 round Glock ETS magazine for a reload. That is 17+1 in the gun, and 22 rds for a reload, for 40 rounds of 124 grain Gold Dots.

A G19 w/o reload is really what I consider a minimum these days.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com