Many of us here are older than whatever metric you choose to define the bulk of the population. I find that I don't read nearly as many articles in the print media simply because a quick skim of the opening paragraphs (or sometimes even the title) convinces me that I am not going to learn anything that I don't already know.

I do know that my grandkids, all of whom are pretty smart, don't subscribe to any magazines or newspapers--they get their news and information on the net. They still read books, both hard copy and on the net, but print periodicals are not part of their lives.

I still find it hard to pass up a bookstore and I always peruse the magazine racks. I have noticed that older folks will usually pick up a magazine that they seem to have been looking for, while the younger folks will pick one up based on what they see highlighted on the cover.

As we age, we always find that we live in a very different world than the one in which we grew up. That's the world with which the publishers of print periodicals have to deal.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...