Fieldgrade(Charlie) and I got together some days back and made a ground squirrel foray.

He packed his custom-barreled .17 Fireball and I brought my custom-kmart 223 RAR. smile

FG is a gentleman of the highest order to shoot varmints with. He doesn't hog all the shots, talk when your about to shoot or shake the pickup if you are using it for a rest.

I kinda wondered why he was loading concrete blocks into his pack when we left the pickup, but later on I found out why...

[Linked Image]

We got to bull-chitting too much and often one of us would say, "That squirrel has been standing there for 10 minutes somebody really should shoot it."

Neither of us missed a single shot over 300 yards on this day so we were on our game pretty good. wink

Charlie counting coup on this big'ol boar squirrel that chased the poor settlers off their homestead some years back.

[Linked Image]

Anyway, we left plenty for seed and pretty much solved most of the country's problems and found all that is right with world.

Took this pic thinking it was some kind of flowering native plant. Got home and looked in my plant book to find out it is called Creeping Buttercup and considered "invasive" Next time we better pack 2-4D instead of varmint rifles...

[Linked Image]