I was in the back pasture at sunset, just checking things out, when I saw a really mangy Bobcat step out of the treeline and into the tall grass about 150 yards from me.
Having my trusty Ruger American Ranch Rifle with me, I took the shot, dropping him in his tracks. I rode over to him and took a close look. He was obviously very sick, just skin & bones. It was a fully mature tom, but covered in mange, ticks, and fleas. I had left my cellphone back at the house, so I took off to get it to record this "trophy" sick.

When I came back into the pasture, there were three coyotes standing where the Bobcat was lying. I raised the rifle and watched as one of the bigger coyotes snatched the Bobcat up and began running with it. The other two just stared at the departing thief, so I shot the closest of them. He also dropped at the shot and the other two coyotes made away with the Bobcat carcass. So, without further adieu, my "harvest" for the day;
You should have seen the one(s) that got away. laugh

[Linked Image]

64gr Nosler Bonded Core over 24.5gr Varget did the job. Entry near the top of the left shoulder, exited opposite side with a dime size hole.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell