Originally Posted by rost495
re nubbin bucks, you have to only look to make sure it doesn't have nubs... thats awful easy IMHO. At least on our deer it is.

Haven't come close to that mistake in probably 35 years since I was a young teen.

Day over after you shoot a deer? Don't get that at all?

We've shot as many as 10 deer in a morning on a cull, gutted and skinned and hung all 10 and went again after lunch. Just the wife and I.

Neither of those tasks are so easily accomplished by those of us who hunt public land and/or heavily forested property. When a deer comes trotting through or slips through thick cover, it is pretty hard to determine whether is is a buck fawn or not. When that might be your only chance at a deer that day, you'd best slap leather or lose your opportunity. When said deer is put down a mile or two back in where you either do not have the ability or the legal right to use a quad or UTV, your day is pretty well done unless the temp is cold enough to gut and leave it lay. Lots of different hunting scenarios in different parts of the country. Just a different perspective.

The critters have to win every time, I only have to win once. www.swanspointoutfitters.com
www.lazybar-t.com outfitters
65-43-22-5