Originally Posted by jwall
I posted this on P 1.

B. There is not enuff meat worth a deer tag AND not enuff meat worth the effort.

"Generally" when you kill a deer (fawn or not) your hunt is over for the day.
-------------------------

Originally Posted by rost495

Day over after you shoot a deer? Don't get that at all?

We've shot as many as 10 deer in a morning on a cull, gutted and skinned and hugn all 10 and went again after lunch. Just the wife and I.

I could write a book right here but I'll condense it AMAP.
Jeff, others have responded since I posted and it 'seems' to me you still don't get it all.

Notice I said, Generally in quotes. I have killed 2 deer in 1 day a few times and don't plan to again UNLESS the WX is right to leave them hang outside.

I have been a member of 3 large Deer Camps (leases) at diff times and NONE of those camps have had 'COOLERS' for deer to hang. Around here it's @ 80 $ per deer to have them processed SO.... I ain't taking 10 deer to a processor.

SOOOO.. 1 deer per day is ENUFF and I'm not the only 1 in that boat.

IMO, I'd bet that MANY or MOST here are NOT in your situation > vice versa<< you are not in the same situation as most of US.

Originally Posted by MILES58
Up here, about half the fawns never see their first birthday. Buck fawns, doe fawns, makes no difference. To maintain a population, shooting buck fawns does almost nothing to the year to year population. To reduce the population, start with does more than three years old.

HEAR ! HEAR!

Miles is absolutely correct. Killing buck fawn does NOTHING to reduce a deer herd. You MUST kill the 'manufacturer' aka DOES.

I'll repeat and modify...

Every buck fawn you kill is an ANTLERED buck YOU will never see/hunt/shoot. It makes NO sense.

Jerry

Maybe to people that get together and compare pecker sizes it makes no sense.

To those of us that have access to lots of deer and don't have anything to prove with antlers, it makes perfect sense to shoot fawns, regardless of sex.

If you really wanted the best deer meat, you would shoot them, too.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.