OK, OK ... there is a lot of planning (for this hunt) going on behind the scenes ... that I probably haven’t posted about. As of this point, he plans to leave a week early ... take a couple days to drive over with his brotyher and scout the balance of that week for potential Rams. He will likely hunt for the first 7-9 days of the season. He should have 3 others along, to be spotters in the scouting. If he is unsuccessful early, he may consider a second “shorter” trip, where someone takes camp over/back and he flies into Casper to get picked up for the hunt week. Summer scouting is likely out ... and the animals may not be in same locations months later anyway (?) ... plus, there’s no way he could take off to hunt for the full 60 days.

If he needed this one species to complete a Grand-slam ... or wanted to have bragging rights, then even I would recommend a guide for this hunt ... but we simple-folks go hunting to enjoy the time in the woods, share the experience with great hunting partners, who you trust your life with/to. When the season closes, if you don’t harvest an animal ... you can always add in a little Campbells Vegetable Beef to make that tag-soup more tasty.
Anyway, Keep that advice coming ...
and tell us about the conditions of the roads ... ? Is it country where it pays to have an extra spare tire along ?

Wyoelk: Yes, he plans to carry a Garmin 680-T and purchase the Wyoming public/private land chip.

Test1328: Shhhhh ... be Werry-Werry quiet ... You are exposing my “filter” questions. I was using some of those (water-year horn-growth) to expose the inner-net hunters from the true players. You passed.

WyoCoyotehunter: That public/Private checkerboard mix seems to be a real killer in this deal .. though it does seem that the National Forest covers a good part of the Laramie range ? ?
- - -
It’s amazing how when you are talking with “Real Hunters” and mention that you have finally (or luckily) draw a tremendous tag ... that there’s always someone who hears about it and can offer a knowledge tidbit or an additional resource to contact. He does have a feeler out to someone, who’s related to someone, who knows someone, who might provide access (through some private lands) to hunt on otherwise almost unreachable Public land. We are both excellent map (terrain) readers and plan to fly the range, via Google maps. He’s also in contact with the local F/W biologist.

Silver Bullet

Tarzan “Know” ... where Tarzan Go ! <--- Geico commercial