Jaguar: ... I know what you mean about keeping a thread going with “installments”. I always hate it, when I’m diagnosing something, by searching on the web .... You finally find a thread, and someone with the exact same symptoms you have (like a truck that cranks, but won’t start) ... they try 7 things, none of which work ... then say they will take it to a pro mechanic the next day (dealer or independent) ... and they never post the results/diagnosis .... you just never hear from them again.

In that vein ... here’s another (close to the final) “installment”.
- - -
Chris called Saturday am and we were able to talk for over 10 minutes. He was already part way up on (********) Mountain and would shortly head down solo, with his first load. The inbound access that morning, through some private property (with permission), allowed him to get much closer for the pack-out. He planned to get it all out in just 2 trips that day.

Friday night, he left for the truck at 5pm (with the head and cape) and it was 8:30pm (el-Darko), before he hit his truck (some 3.5 miles downhill along the ridge). He was afraid if he headed directly-down toward the closer "visible" road in the bottom, that he might hit a cliff or rockslide that he couldn't navigate in the dark or would have to cross private property without permission. He (somehow) forgot to mark the trucks parking spot, with a GPS waypoint that morning and when the truck never materialized, he was sooooo exhausted, that he briefly considered building a fire and spending the night in the woods (er: rocks) .... do rocks burn ? After sitting for a while, he pushed on ... (turned out he was only 400 yards above the truck).
- - -
He later left a voice mail (@ 2:30pm) Saturday, that he was strapping the second load on and was headed down on the
final trip ... said he was never so happy to ... Get Off a Mountain !
- - -
Sunday he will relax and pack-up ...
Expect no more comms till Monday,
when he needs to check the Ram in
with F/W office in Cheyenne, to be pinned.
I believe they will measure it then also.

Silver Bullet

Got “Mutton” ... ?