Thank You all for your inputs thus far (esp. Jaguar) ... I appreciate the positive feedback, from those who have done this hunt in the past. The preparation continues ....
- - -
Had an opportunity to look over a copy of the Medicine Bow National Forest map on Sunday ... and checkerboard-ed doesn’t begin to describe it. It appears that land-ownership was distributed like paint, in a Jackson Pollock masterpiece. Whew ! ... Gonna generate some Dusty-boogers, driving out all those roads during pre-season scouting trips.
- - -
Am currently re-watching “Advanced field Judging North American Rams”, VHS by Duncan Gilchrist, 58 minutes - 1995
and “Adventures with Rams - II, also by Gilchrist, 46 minutes, with (3) -1999 hunts. These videos have been in our collection for many years, always hoping to draw a B-Horn tag. If anyone has a suggestion of another (more recent) DVD of Bighorn hunts that they have watched and would recommend, please post it.
- - -
I also picked up a new Garmin 680-T, that has a 4” (diagonal) display. It has a USB connector/recharger, uses both the USA and Russian GPS satellites, comes pre-loaded with a 100K Topo base-map of the entire USA .. and takes 8-MP zoom-able photos that encode the GPS location to Degrees, Minutes, and seconds, to 13-digits of precision to the right of the decimal point ! They still refuse to model the user interface after something simple to use, like a cell phone, but it should prove invaluable over there. The Hunt-X landownership chip for Wyoming has been ordered.

While I hate to spend any money with them, REI was/is having some giant Anniversary sale and had the 680T in stock (normally $600 most everywhere) for $ 428. If you get a year end member-dividend, that’s only $ 380 something. Sale good until May 30(?), and maybe online too ?

... Silver Bullet

Racing has been popular, ever since the second car was built - R. Petty