Black bears are typically afraid of people. If you come out the door banging pans and he walks away, you have a bear who either lost his fear of humans, or a bear who is moving toward being a predatory bear. They typically aren't fearful of dogs on chains and unless the dogs are coming after the bear they aren't going to be concerned frequently. I'd certainly have a rifle on hand, you have a problem bear, best case scenario. You may have a bear that is sizing things up to determine how easy a dinner there is there, hard to tell if he sees the dogs as dinner or possibly you. If you come out banging the pans and he doesn't take off, shoot him. Especially if you are in fear of him coming after you, or going after your dog. The last part is the law. Hard to prove you aren't in fear if the bear is in your yard. If you have a license and a bear tag, you get to keep everything and have a choice of meals for you (or the dogs).

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain