Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by ironbender
Bad idea. Relocated bears either return in short order or are killed causing a problem somewhere else.

Kill it and eat it.
That's not true. Sure it does happen, but that's not the norm, it's the exception. At least that's not true for the places I've lived. I've never lived anywhere that had more bear relocations than Lake Tahoe, and the vast majority go on to have normal lives elsewhere. It comes down to where the bears are relocated. If you move them 5 miles down the road to another thickly populated place, well then yeah; it's going to remain a problem bear. But the bears in Tahoe are taken at least 100 miles away and rarely are they ever a problem again.

I grew up where those bears were often relocated. Not heavily populated, but some people live there. My Grandpa shot one on his front porch, as he was in the house and the bear was on the porch. One of his good friends had a majority of his apple orchard destroyed by bears climbing in the trees to eat the apples. So yea, relocating doesn't cause an issue when they are relocated away from you!