Interesting read all the way through. Most of us don't like to put down a nuisance bear, which is a revealing underlayer among hunters. If the bear comes back, you got it to do.

I've killed one nuisance bear and my son killed one in his back yard. I remember being a little angry at the bear for “making” me kill it. My bear kept hanging around the neighbor kids bus stop and following them home, so all the dads for a mile or two around were keeping an eye out for it. I happened to run across it minding its own business a few hundred yards from the bus stop and like other folks in the area, had a rifle in my rig for such an encounter. Skinny youngish boar with a ratty cinnamon hide.

Son's nuisance hung around the swing set for his kids in the back yard and after 8 hours and running it off twice he applied a .338 to its head to keep it from running off and dying in a neighbor's yard. It was a sleek, fat, healthy good sized boar. Both legal, with tags in open season, tags we had rather not used that way.

Killing it and killing it soon, before it does real damage becomes the responsible, grown-up thing to do as you know, Elf, and handle well.

Last edited by Okanagan; 05/27/16.