Elf:
Good evening to you, here's hoping that there's been no unwanted gunfire in your life thus far tonight.

It's been interesting/educational to read the responses from folks in different areas if nothing else Elf, so thanks for stimulating that.

Here in very rural BC they've pretty much given up on relocating bears because the ones who become nuisance bears here will just be a nuisance bear in the next location they're moved to.

The reasons for that are myriad, but mostly it's because we've got a very high population density of black bears.

There was a fairly infamous issue a few years back as well when a relocated, collared BC nuisance bear ended up killing someone - in Alberta as I recall. Anyway it didn't reflect well on us so most nuisance bears that the CO's deal with are "relocated" into the regional landfill nowadays.

Oh lastly if you're not opposed to it, a local houndsman I know takes a bear a year just for dog food - they love the bones he says. grin

Good luck with your bear and all the best to you all this summer Elf.

Dwayne

PS;
Actual phone conversation with the CO last time a bear was trying to break into our house.

CO- "What's your exact address"

Me- "Actual address"

CO- "Do you hunt, do you have a gun?"

Me - "Yes to both"

CO- "Shoot it and call me after you do"....

Last edited by BC30cal; 05/27/16.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"