Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Last big bull I walked up on I was on my way to the quail killin' fields back in January. He was a big un! I ease my way back to the cabin and got my 9.3x62 and came back. Tracked him to the neighbors fence.
Let's see,,,, boys that have shot em on the place have used 30/06 with 180 Partition, .338 win mag with Fed blue box ammo, and .458's and I cannot remember the bullet. We general ambush or still hunt known trails.

I knew the old game warden there in Rivera (now deceased) fav was a Ruger #1 in 220 Swift. Actually I believe he lived in Sarita. I miss him. Heck of a fellow!

An interesting story, While I was still at the gun shop spoke with one of the locals who mentioned a cousin heard a hell of a commotion in his carport/garage on the outskirts of Rivera and found two Bulls going at it as Mudhen mentioned. Evidently they had fought their way across the yard and ended up in the garage. He slew em both with a 30/06 if I remember correctly.

If they were already in the garage, it would be fairly easy to get the steaks to the freezer! laugh

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain