Hard cast bullets in the 444 Marlin seem to do the trick: South Texas Nilgai Hunt

Copy and paste below of the last paragraph of the story linked. There are some pics with the original post on the shootersforum.

Our stalk across the open to get within shooting range of this bull took two and a half hours. When Greg and I reached 115 yards there was not one stick or blade of grass between us and the animal. When the animal looked away, I rose to a braced sitting position and shot the animal through both front shoulders. I heard and saw the Lee TLC432-285-RF impact the bull and it immediately fell. Just as quick, it was back up and thundering towards the nearest brush with two busted shoulders. Greg rose and fired twice with the 375 H&H, I wasn't sure if he was hitting it as it was falling each time its front hoofs hit the ground but quickly rebounding. I rose, and shot right at its anus and hit it a few inches above in the spine. The whack the bullet made echoed across the plain as the animal fell dead. The two cast bullets from my 444T were the only two that connected. I was pleased.