Originally Posted by GSPfan
I tried to figure out how many M70's have passed through my hands and lost count around 50 (and I still have more than a few) and I have NEVER experienced a mechanical problem. The only thing I have ever done was have the stock refinished on a 308 FWT simply because the original finish wore off and bare wood was exposed.

I am right there with GSP numbers wise. I broke one extractor a few years ago. I changed it out with an Enfield extractor. Done.

I have (had) one that went through three barrels before I sold it. Another 7 RM that was a favorite and the barrel burned out in about 1500-2000 rounds. I hunted both of them everywhere. Ditto a 300 Win Mag,338,a couple of 375"s (yes they hunted Alaska and killed two brown bears. Not safe queens.) 220 Swift, 257 Roberts,30/06's, other 270's 264's 300 H&H 300 Win Mag, H&H converted to Weatherby.....on and on it goes... Not a bauble with any of them..

The one below started life as a factory 270 FW. I sold it a couple years ago and built/bought a duplicate (that some dope from Alaska recently called a "safe queen". Indeed....it's only one year old and only been on two hunts last year. Both successful.

i bumped into a 243 Standard Grade today for a grand. I may buy it. I hate the cartridge but I know the rifle will work and shoot.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by BobinNH; 09/20/16.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.