Originally Posted by HUNTERPA
Joe - I can tell you the last one had a foot print across the box right at the break in the wrist of the gun, you could clearly see someone stomped on it. It looked like someone propped up both ends and stomped in the middle.
As these was some noticeable marks on both ends of the box on the opposite side of the box from the foot print. The gun was packed well in a sturdy box wrapped in foam wrap and bubble wrap. If the box wasn't propped up on the ends and someone stepped on it nothing would have happened. So I am sorry to disagree with you but in this case I believe it was intentional.

Somehow I'm not making the point. We are not supposed to stand on packages, but it happens. It should not matter. If someone stands right in the middle of your box, it should not dent or bend. If it's long , wrapped in foam or bubble wrap, it has no support end to end. This is the third time I said, in this thread, "you should be able to put the rifle between two chairs and stand on it". If you can't do that it is not packed well enough. Most rifles are not packed anywhere near that well and make it fine, that does not mean they are packed correct. It just means they are treated with respect. If the last wall of the trailer is three feet high, and I ship an engine block that weighs 130 pounds, two loaders heft it up on top of the middle of your package, is it going to survive? If I tell you that a 100 plus pound box might get plopped on top of your box, are you going to think, this nice new card board box looks good to me, I'll use it. Wrap it in a blanket and slide it in, looks good. NO, IT'S NOT GOOD". I would never ship a rifle in a cardboard box. 99% are shipped in a cardboard box. But, I bet a Holland&Holland won't go out the door in cardboard. I bet a Turnbull custom doesn't go out in cardboard. If I keep telling you what you need to do to Gorilla proof your box, and you say, nope I'm gonna use cardboard and bubble wrap, what more can I say. Gnoahhh just got a rifle in the mail, and it wasn't damaged, ask him how it was packed, Joe.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin