Originally Posted by gregintenn
How does one suppose new firearms reach the dealers' racks unmolested?

New guns are much more likely to be marked as guns and they make it. They are shipped in form fitted styrofoam, inside new boxes. They have support end to end. They are probably packed by machines that don't care. That should be a warning that soft flexible packaging won't work.

Used guns are packed by people, not machines, designed to packaged with collapse specifications. Most people use whatever box is there, wrap in bubbled pack or foam. They don't buy a 4 foot long block of styrofoam, split it in half, carve out the exact shape of the contents, and snugly fit it to the foam.

If a new gun goes in the same trailer, with the same Gorillas, and doesn't get a scratch. Then the same gun is shipped out used and gets snapped in half, I think it's time to quit blaming the Gorillas, and blame the shippers. If your gun got snapped in half, I'm not blaming you. You didn't misspack it. Tell me how many guns that you have shipped that got damaged? I'm getting off subject of Gregintenns question. But, if you have had a rifle arrive snapped in half and it was in a card board box, and I have said over and over that cardboard is not good enough for something of value, why do you keep defending shipping your valuable rifles in cardboard. Now I have a headache, Joe.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin