If a guy were to break 7 guns (or drills, or axes, or chainsaws, or anything) most people would consider him damn careless or a serial abuser.

Roy, I do feel your pain, and yes I do take it personal. If you saw the crap wrapping people use and we still get it through in one piece, it's unbelievable. If you really thought it was the driver, I'd make a formal complaint. If all of your damaged rifles were UPS, I'd still make a formal complaint. The most likely place for a damage is on the belts. Not the people. We process close to a Quarter million packages in a 3.5 to 4 hour shift, in just one building. If a long package is caught in a turn and it gets wedged in place, it gets a lot of pressure on it. Yes, I go way, way over kill on any package I ship because I've seen the mechanization these pieces go through. But, you don't have to go that far. I'm just telling every one that soft foam and bubble wrap is not enough. A rigid box is needed.

People in this thread that have said, "You make a lot of money, you should take better care of our stuff", are way, way, off base. We do make good money, and destroying a package is a "Cardinal Sin" when it comes to termination. There are camera's every where, there are supervisors every where. Loss Prevention offers a $5,000 reward for ratting out theft and dishonest acts. The vast, vast number of damages are due to poor packing. I've had several people here tell me they received packages with the contents just slid in a box with no packing. You have to tell the people you deal with to do it right. My daughter wants the computer, I have to go, Joe.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin