Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by JoeMartin

No, it's someone else's job to check my box to see if I did it correct. No, if I didn't do it right, it's someone else's job to redo it for me free.

Please show me where I said I expect someone else to repack my packages for me!

And for the record, I'm not having trouble with guns I shipped.

I just had a reply for all of your questions and I went back a page to make a quote, and it erased everything I printed.

1. I said I was using the term "you" collectively since so may were following this thread, and others are posting reply's.

2. If you are not having problems, then it looks like you're packing you guns well.

3. You are getting busted boxes, so it's the Gorilla's fault, not the shipper. That's why I said you are defending the shipper.

4. The USPS put a fork lift through one. That's one safe UPS Gorilla.

5. My local gun shop said he has received thousands and thousands of guns since he opened shop in the 70's and has never had one single gun from the manufacturer damaged.

6. You've bought at least 6 busted up guns that the Gorilla's went crazy on, because heaven forbid, the shipper didn't do a good job boxing it. Had to be the Gorilla's. Still protecting the shipper.

7. Now You, Roy, said you should be able to expect your goods to make it with out getting mangled, even though you understand the trials and tribulations of the shipping industry. I agree. But, what if you, Roy, hand the driver a piece of crap wrapped package. Because the driver didn't refuse it, does that mean the shipper is stuck with it and has to fix your piece of crap wrapped box or eat the claim?

8. Now, I know you, Roy, would not give the shipper a piece of crap wrapped box. I've seen the work you have done. I know the level of integrity you function at. But, many of the other "you's" out there will wrap a gun in the Sunday Funnies and call it good. I, me, Joe, believe that at least some of the guns you have received damaged were not packed correct, maybe all of them.

9. I have seen boxes fall off belts and bust open, other boxes get caught in jams and crushed, but you as the customer would never see them. They go straight to Overgoods, checked for damage and missing contents. If anything is wrong they get returned to the shipper. If all is good they get rewrapped and forwarded with a note that they had been through our Overgoods and rewrapped.

I know a lot of this is your frustration and venting. It's also become a bit of a game blaming the Gorillas. I'd be frustrated too. But, Me, Joe, would be flipping out on any shipper that did not have some kind of support on both sides of the box, not the arbitrary and fictional Gorilla. If I wanted to ship you a box there are dozens of dumpsters in front of new houses with pieces of plywood or particle board in them for the dumpster diver. We are not talking about new guns from the manufacturer, so that's off topic.

There is absolutely nothing you can do to convince me that you have received 7 perfectly boxed guns that were damaged. I don't believe it. You can get a rifle from Holland and Holland, or Rigby, and I bet they won't show up broken. I will also bet they don't show up in a box with peanuts or bubble wrap. Weather it's an H&H or a Stevens Favorite, if the shipper doesn't have the knowledge or pride to pack it right, all bets are off. The end, I'm done, Joe.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin