Originally Posted by BamBam
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Originally Posted by BamBam
I personally have never been inside a Walmart store, Nor will I ever go into a Walmart store. What is there saying, live better buy Walmart, they pay their employees [bleep] put them on a 35 hour work week no benefits, help them get government assistance, food stamps. Treat them like garbage, I knew a person that was a manager for them for a short time. Yet the Waltons are filthy rich.
So many inaccuracies here. Typical of those that don't take the time to check the facts.
#1 The motto is Save Money, Live Better.
#2 Wal-Mart's wages are competitive with the other big box retailers. If they weren't, people wouldn't work there.
#3 35 hours a week is considered full time and qualifies an associate for all benefits, including insurance.

Yes, the Waltons are very wealthy. So is Bill Gates, Donald Trump, the Busch's and many others that have worked hard for their money.

I was off on the Motto stand corrected. And that should've said a 34 hour workweek not 35 here's an interesting Link.pay me better and I'll take care living better.they can afford it.

They didn't get rich by losing money...how many layoffs have they had the last eight years? You do realize that when they raise their operating cost because of govt. mandated health coverage the cost of staying in business goes up right? When they raise wages, their cost for unemployment taxes and workers comp goes up right? When their costs go up, who are the costs passed on to? You got to remember too, that nowadays, a lot of people really trying to save money shop for a lot of stuff on-line. If Walmart were to go tits up, it would put a whole schittload of people out of work...Hey, I got a GREAT idea!!! Let's raise their corporate taxes another 50% and see how well THAT works out...Maybe Al Gore or Hillary can get the green police on them and start taxing them for all the carbon based emissions their customers are emitting???