Originally Posted by Klikitarik
When one of my sons and a couple of buddies were caught "shoplifting" a few things at Walmart one night a couple of years ago, I was steamed........ at my son. But when Walmart extorted me to the tune of 500% of the value of stuff they had with them - only a fraction of which they had taken from the store- I paid it to avoid protracted legal adventures. And having willingly done that, they then attempted to further their profit-making foray at my expense for trying to get another 1000%.

I have no use for a business which makes their own bad behavior overshadow that of my own offspring. It's pretty hard to try to tell your own kid how wrong they were in their actions when they see stuff like that.

After I delivered a letter to the local manager in person, a copy of the letter I also sent to their legal team nearly two years ago, I haven't darkened the doors of any Walmart store. They can piss off.
Calling absolute total BS on this. I've sat in on many shoplifting interventions at Wal-Mart and that absolutely does not happen. They don't need to make 100% on the $7.97 worth of stuff your kid took. Policies and procedures don't even allow a scam like that.

Last edited by gophergunner; 09/26/16.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla