Saddlesore, I was always under the impression that a few hundred fps can make all the difference in how, certain bullets in particular, perform on game. I started out using Hornady interloks- which I think are decidedly unfickle. I used a few Noslers but now use mostly Sierra's. Seeing as they have a rep for being fragile - and given most my shots will be inside 200 yds, I load accordingly. Meaning on the lighter side. I have had discussions with others I trust who find accuracy comes in, goes out, and returns, as you step up the charge ladder. I can almost always find more than one load with a single powder that works. a low load and a high load if you will. I just use the lower one of those.

Not sure how many might agree with this notion. Most seem bent on max velocities and I understand the need many have for this. I do wonder sometimes how many reloaders feel cheated if their best load isn't at max velocitiy?

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius