Look, Mister Savage, I'm not trying to blow smoke up your skirt. If it was my failure or the equipment's, I'd be the first to say so. My point in bringing this up is to illustrate that deer hunting is not as sure a thing as some folks want to believe. At least it has not been so for me, and I have heard enough reports from others that I am inclined to believe this to be so. Sometimes the root cause of the failure remains a mystery.

You can laugh all you want. If you have not seen a deer react this way to a shot, then so be it. There is no reason for you to be derisive, just because of your lack of experience in this regard. The worse instance I've ever seen was a 60lb doe go back to browsing with a long arterial spurter coming from her side. My point in bringing this up is that sometimes even the deer's reaction may not be indicative of bullet performance.

My apologies to Mister Mule Deer. I looked back on my previous post and realized it did not come out quite right. My point was not to say you did not realize the height of the impact influencing the size of the blood trail. What I meant to communicate was that folks in general seem to equate bullet performance with the size of the blood trail.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer