Originally Posted by mart
Back in the late 80's I was working for the Forest Service seasonally and trapping/calling coyotes in the winter. One season we had a late start to winter and we kept working into November so I was trapping nights and working days.

Etta and I were just dating at the time and she went with me one night to check traps. I ended up with 11 coyotes that night. About midnight I was hanging the first one up to skin knowing I had to be at work in eight short hours. Etta was about to leave for her apartment but came out to the fur shed and told me, "if you'll show me how, I'll help you skin."

I proposed on the spot. Didn't figure I'd get a better offer. That was 26 years ago and we still like each other.

I remember you'd posted this before. I remember you making this post and a couple of posts made by Scott about his father and I think about them often. Little things...

Ok, lunch break is over. Wife and I need to get back to spreading fescue. She marks my end, mid, and start points so I know the path to follow on the next run. She keeps me pointed in the right direction on a lot of stuff.....