So I bought '16 Tundra CrewMax 1794 and as nice as it was, I wasn't thrilled about it. Great power (especially with the tow/haul mode turned on), decent mileage when it was still warm out (averaged 18, though I dropped to about 15.5 once it got cold and the winter gas?), awesome luxurious seats. But... it's gone now.

Have the '17 Tacoma TRD Off Road, double cab with JBL premium technology package, tow, tonneau cover, all weather mats, and the Predator side steps which I took off (selling them if anyone is interested). MSRP of $40,857 and got it for $36,307 for $4550 off (with $500 military rebate).

First off, it seriously lacks bottom end power, but rev it up and it goes pretty well. That's the bad. No other issues or complaints.

The rest of the truck is fantastic, so far. Quiet, smooth, comfy, almost as much luxury as the 1794 but only missing the cooled leather seats. Looking forward to playing with the crawl feature as well.

Have about 285 miles on it and am averaging 20.2mpg on it's first tank. Haven't done too much freeway driving, but saw 22mpg one way (slightly uphill) and 25mpg on the way back, mostly at 65mph.

I don't miss the Tundra at all. This is actually a better truck

[Linked Image]