Originally Posted by Terryk
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
I am pretty disgusted with Toyota. I have tried to order a truck twice and the first time they turned it down and the second time they made major changes to my order- like adding heated seats, changing the color and adding a technology package. The general manager of the dealership promises me that Toyota policy is they will make it exactly like you want on the third request if they were not able to accommodate you before.
Sounds pretty stupid to me. What ever happened to trying to make the customer happy?

I would call the Toyota zone office. I think they will square up the dealer. Changing a customer order 2 times does not sound like a corporate policy. Hopefully the zone office helps you out.

I spent an hour trying to find a phone number for Toyota that would help me.

I don't think this is the dealer screwing up. I saw the order sheets, Toyota just wants to do things their way. If I wanted a truck like Taco just bought I could have it. I don't want charcoal and all the extra options. I told the dealer I wasn't ordering an Avalon. He is as pissed as I am. I have been dealing with the lower level manager AND the general manager of the dealership. They have hunting far and wide for a truck, pulled the list of trucks scheduled to be built for any candidates. Found one headed to Massachusetts but that dealer would not let us have it since he had a guy who wanted that exact truck.

I have ordered trucks before- twice- both times it was very easy and I got exactly what I wanted. For some reason, Toyota thinks it knows what I want better than I do.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.