Originally Posted by dennisinaz
Toyota does not make the long bed with a manual transmission.

I did the search several times for a TRD-off road with Manual transmission. Zero results each time.

Dennis, no wonder you are frustrated.

As you may recall, I recently came back after working in Japan for 25 years. A good friend here bought a new Tundra and is happy with it, but while there are many benefits to Japanese vehicles (I have had several), I am now looking for a late model RAM 2500 4wd diesel, myself.

Like a 2015. 2016 is still too expensive and dealers are notoriously treating them as greater profit opportunities even than new cars, with real prices very close or equal to new. 2500 and 3500 diesels from 2011-2014 are on the Consumer Reports list of "used models to avoid." Like Goldilocks, I pick the middle.

Living in the NM mountains, with roads ranging in quality, some snow, etc. and a desire for outdoor uses including hauling trailers, a RAM with Cummins diesel best suits my needs. They have good longevity and you can't beat American cars for ease and cost of repairs. Also, in the Albuquerque area, there seems to be good inventory. Of course, YMMV. wink

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).