Originally Posted by LostArra
+3 on the recovery Ted.

How was that diagnosed? Did you have symptoms?

In October of 2015 I was helping a friend fill his Colorado moose tag near Montezuma. We were camped just below the tree line. On day six I woke up in the night with no pain but breathing rapidly and in a bit of a panic. I blamed it on altitude and/or propane heat.

One month later I was in middle Colorado hunting elk at about 9k and the same thing happened....I chalked it off as altitude sickness.

This past fall 2016 I was to return to Colorado two times. One to hunt Antelope in October the other would be a 3rd season hunt for mule deer. I talked to my family practitioner about my two incidences in 2015 and he prescribed Diomox.....no problems ever occurred out west this fall with a total of 14 days spent in Colorado.

One month later December 14th I was awakened from my sleep with shallow breathing and a flutering irregular heartbeat....Missouri elevation so altitude sickness it is not.

A trip to the ER and a follow up visit to a Cardiologist would follow in the next 2 days.

X-Ray....Echo-cardiogram....Angio-plasti....Cat-scan

The Echo revealed the aneurysm first

The Angio-plasti and Cat-scan was just for more detailed pictures to allow the surgeon to study my Aorta and order the correct synthetic prosthetic graft.

20 days from waking up with symptoms in Missouri to open heart surgery at St Francois Medical Center in Cape Girardeau Missouri by Dr Jones.

He cut out my badly expanded aorta and he replaced it with the synthetic graft.

8 to 10 weeks from now I hope to return to normal life.

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper